East Africa - Uganda (PDF Chapter)
This is the Uganda chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Africa guidebook.
With a tapestry of landscapes, excellent wildlife watching and welcoming locals, Uganda packs a lot into one small country. It’s home to Africa’s tallest mountain range (the Rwenzoris), the source of the Nile, the continent’s largest lake, and, of course, mountain gorillas.
- trek through the jungle to marvel at critically endangered mountain gorillas in Bwindi Im-penetrable National Park
- take on the wild waters of the Nile River’s Kalagala Falls, some of the best white-water rafting in East Africa
- gaze upon the world’s most powerful waterfall, Murchison Falls, during a boat ride up the Victoria Nile
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kampala & Around, Entebbe, Mabamba Swamp Wet-lands, Mpanga Forest Reserve, The Equator, Eastern Uganda, Jinja, Mbale, Mt Elgon National Park, Sipi Falls, Nyero Rock Paintings, Northeastern Uganda, Kidepo Valley National Park, Kit-gum, Gulu, Southwestern Uganda, Fort Portal, Crater Lakes, Kibale Forest National Park, Semuliki National Park, Semliki Wildlife Reserve, Kasese, Rwenzori Mountains National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Kabale, Lake Bunyonyi, Kisoro, Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, Lake Mutanda, Mbarara, Lake Mburo National Park, Masaka, Ssese Islands, Northwestern Uganda, Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, Masindi, Hoima, Murchi-son Falls National Park, Budongo Forest Reserve, Understand Uganda, History, Uganda Today, Culture, Sport, Religion, Arts, Environment, Food & Drink, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.