East Africa - Tanzania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tanzania chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Africa guidebook.
Tanzania is the land of safaris, with wildebeest stampeding across the plains, hippos jostling for space in rivers, massive elephant herds kicking up the dust on their seasonal migration routes and chimpanzees swinging through the treetops.
- marvel at nature’s rhythms on the Serengeti Plains during the Great Migration
- scale the summit of Africa, Mt Kilimanjaro, or hike the lower slopes
- descend into a lost world of wildlife and great beauty in the Ngorongoro Crater
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dar es Salaam & Around, Jangwani & Kunduchi Beaches, Dar es Salaam’s Southern Beaches, Zanzibar Archipelago, Zanzibar Island, Pemba, Northeastern Tanzania, Bagamoyo, Saadani National Park, Pangani, Tanga, Usambara Moun-tains, Northern Tanzania, Arusha, Arusha National Park, Tarangire National Park, Mto wa Mbu, Lake Manyara National Park, Lake Natron, Karatu, Lake Eyasi, Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Serengeti National Park, Moshi, Marangu, Mt Kilimanjaro National Park, Machame, West Kili-manjaro, Central Tanzania, Dodoma, Kondoa Rock-Art Sites, Babati, Lake Victoria, Musoma, Mwanza & Around, Rubondo Island National Park, Bukoba, Western Tanzania, Tabora, Kigoma, Gombe National Park, Mahale Mountains National Park, Mpanda, Katavi National Park, Sumba-wanga, Southern Highlands, Morogoro, Mikumi National Park, Iringa, Ruaha National Park, Makambako, Njombe, Mbeya, Tukuyu, Lake Nyasa, Songea, Tunduru, Southeastern Tanzania, Mafia, Selous Game Reserve, Kilwa Masoko, Kilwa Kisiwani, Mtwara, Mikindani, Makonde Plat-eau, Understand Tanzania, History, People, Religion, Music & Dance, Visual Arts, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.