No code necessary. See terms.
East Africa - Rwanda (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Rwanda chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Africa guidebook.
Today Rwanda is a country of tribal unity, political stability and a promising future. Tourism is once again a key contributor to the economy and the industry’s brightest star is the chance to track rare mountain gorillas through bamboo forests in the shadow of the Virunga volcanoes.
- hike the forested slopes of the Virungas for a close encounter with mountain gorillas and golden monkeys in Volcanoes National Park
- watch an Intore dance performance at the National Museum of Rwanda, the finest museum in the country, in Huye (Butare)
- kick back with a locally brewed Bralirwa on the sandy shores of Lake Kivu at Gisenyi or the equally beautiful Kibuye further south
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kigali, Northwestern Rwanda, Musanze (Ruhengeri), Volcanoes National Park, Gisenyi, Huye (Butare) & around, Nyanza (Nyabisindu), Nyungwe Forest National Park, Cyangugu, Kibuye, Eastern Rwanda, Akagera National Park, Understand and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.