*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
East Africa - Rwanda (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rwanda chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Africa guidebook.
Today Rwanda is a country of tribal unity, political stability and a promising future. Tourism is once again a key contributor to the economy and the industry’s brightest star is the chance to track rare mountain gorillas through bamboo forests in the shadow of the Virunga volcanoes.
- hike the forested slopes of the Virungas for a close encounter with mountain gorillas and golden monkeys in Volcanoes National Park
- watch an Intore dance performance at the National Museum of Rwanda, the finest museum in the country, in Huye (Butare)
- kick back with a locally brewed Bralirwa on the sandy shores of Lake Kivu at Gisenyi or the equally beautiful Kibuye further south
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kigali, Northwestern Rwanda, Musanze (Ruhengeri), Volcanoes National Park, Gisenyi, Huye (Butare) & around, Nyanza (Nyabisindu), Nyungwe Forest National Park, Cyangugu, Kibuye, Eastern Rwanda, Akagera National Park, Understand and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.