East Africa - Kenya (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kenya chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Africa guidebook.
When you think of Africa, you’re probably thinking of Kenya. It’s the lone acacia silhouetted against a horizon, the Maasai people, the red elephants of Tsavo and the pink flamingos. Kenya is the perfect place to answer Africa’s call of the wild.
- draw near to elephants in the shadow of Mt Kilimanjaro for Kenya’s most famous picture-postcard views at Amboseli National Park
- plunge yourself into the ultimate Swahili cultural-immersion experience at Lamu
- track lions and become part of Kenya’s exciting conservation future at Ol Pejeta Conservancy
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nairobi, Southern Rift Valley, Longonot National Park, Lake Naivasha, Hell’s Gate National Park, Nakuru, Lake Nakuru National Park, Masai Mara & Western Kenya, Narok, Masai Mara National Reserve, Maji Moto Group Ranch, Mara North Conservancy, Naibosho Conservancy, Olare-Orok Conservancy, Olderikesi Conservancy, Kisumu, Homa Bay, Ruma National Park, Kisii, Kericho, Kakamega Forest, Eldoret, Kitale, Saiwa Swamp National Park, Mt Elgon National Park, Central Highlands & Laikipia, Nyeri, Aberdare National Park, Nyahururu (Thomson’s Falls), Nanyuki, Ol Pejeta Conservancy, Segera Ranch, Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Il Ngwesi, Borana, Lekurruki Community Ranch, Mt Kenya National Park, Naro Moru, Meru, Meru National Park, Chogoria, Southeastern National Park, Ambolseli National Park, Tsavo West National Park, Tsavo East National Park, Voi, Mombasa & the South Coast, Mombasa, Shimba Hills National Reserve, Tiwi Beach, Diani Beach, Shimoni & Wasini Island, Kilifi, Watamu, Arabuko Sokoke Forest Reserve, Gede Ruins, Malindi, Lamu, and surrounding islands, Northern Kenya, Isiolo to Moyale, Maralal to Turkana’s Eastern Shore, Marich to Turkana’s Western Shore, Understand and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.