No code necessary. See terms.
East Africa - Burundi (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Burundi chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Africa guidebook.
Tiny Burundi is an incongruous mix of soaring mountains, languid lakeside communities and a tragic past blighted by ethnic conflict. Bujumbura has a lovely location on the shores of Lake Tanganyika and just outside the city are some of the finest inland beaches on the continent.
- down a cold one under the shade of a palm tree on Saga Beach, one of Africa’s finest inland beaches
- travel to Burundi’s very own pyramid, a memorial marking a small stream in Kasumo, at the southernmost Source du Nil
- be among the first to rediscover the wildlife of the Parc National de la Rusizi and remote Parc National de la Kibira
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bujumbura & around, Source du Nil, Gitega, Chutes de la Karera, Understand and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.