*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
East Africa - Burundi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Burundi chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Africa guidebook.
Tiny Burundi is an incongruous mix of soaring mountains, languid lakeside communities and a tragic past blighted by ethnic conflict. Bujumbura has a lovely location on the shores of Lake Tanganyika and just outside the city are some of the finest inland beaches on the continent.
- down a cold one under the shade of a palm tree on Saga Beach, one of Africa’s finest inland beaches
- travel to Burundi’s very own pyramid, a memorial marking a small stream in Kasumo, at the southernmost Source du Nil
- be among the first to rediscover the wildlife of the Parc National de la Rusizi and remote Parc National de la Kibira
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bujumbura & around, Source du Nil, Gitega, Chutes de la Karera, Understand and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.