East Africa - Burundi (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Burundi chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Africa guidebook.
Tiny Burundi is an incongruous mix of soaring mountains, languid lakeside communities and a tragic past blighted by ethnic conflict. Sadly, at the time of writing, the entire country was con-sidered unsafe to visit.
- sample the great nightlife and delicious food of the sultry capital, Bujumbura
- experience the soft white sands, warm waters and a stash of cool beach bars that make Saga Beach one of the most enticing inland beaches in Africa
- watch antelopes and hippos splash and stomp through Parc National de la Rusizi, just out-side Bujumbura
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Understand Burundi, Burundi Today, History, Culture, Environment, Introduction, Burundi at a Glance, Fast Facts.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.