Dublin - Understand Dublin & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Dublin Today, History, Literary Dublin, Musical Dublin, Architecture, Transport and Directory A–Z chapters from Lonely Planet’s Dublin guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, Vikings, the Easter Rising and the Celtic Tiger, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Dublin’s current economic and political environment
- info on Dublin’s famous literary tradition and its contemporary scene
- details on Dublin’s traditional and folk music as well as more recent pop and alternative artists
- full coverage of Dublin’s varied architecture
Coverage includes: Dublin Today, History, Literary Dublin, Musical Dub-lin, Architecture, Transport and Directory A–Z.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.