Dublin - Understand Dublin and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Dublin Today, History, Literary Dublin, Musical Dublin, Architecture, The Irish Way of Life, Transport, and Directory A–Z chapters from Lonely Planet’s Dublin guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, music and culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Dublin today, and the Irish way of life
- info on from Yeats, Beckett, Joyce and the rest of literary Dublin
- full coverage of over 1000 years of eventful history
- details on music, from folk to electronica, that draws on the city’s musical genius
Coverage includes: Dublin Today, History, Literary Dublin, Musical Dub-lin, Architecture, The Irish Way of Life, Transport, and Directory A–Z.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout