Dublin - The Southside (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southside chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dublin guidebook.
The neighbourhoods that border the southern bank of the Grand Canal are less about sights and more about the experience of affluent Dublin – dining, drinking and sporting occasions, both watching and taking part.
- cheer on Leinster or Ireland (in either rugby or football) at the Aviva Stadium
- stroll, sit or jog around glorious Herbert Park - an ideal way to spend a sunny day in Dub-lin
- visit the city’s fanciest cinema, the Stella Theatre, a restored art deco classic
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shop-ping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.