Dublin - Merrion Square & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Merrion Square & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dublin guide-book.
Ireland’s national collections of art, history and natural history are to be found in the imposing neoclassical buildings that line the elegant Georgian streets and parks of the city’s best-maintained 18th-century neighbourhood.
- peruse the collection at Ireland’s National Gallery, packed with art from eight centuries of European tradition
- visit the antiquated Museum of Natural History, which has changed little since it was opened in the middle of the 19th century
- uncover the fascinating treasures of the National Museum of Ireland, the most important repository of Irish culture, from finely worked gold to prehistoric bodies.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.