Dublin - Merrion Square & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Merrion Square & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dublin guide-book.
Ireland’s national collections of art, history and natural history are to be found in the imposing neoclassical buildings that line the elegant Georgian streets and parks of the city’s best-maintained 18th-century neighbourhood.
- perusethe collection at the National Gallery, packed with art from eight centuries of Euro-pean tradition
- visit the antiquated Museum of Natural History, which has changed little since it was opened in the middle of the 19th century
- uncover the fascinating treasures of the most important repository of Irish culture, the Na-tional Museum of Ireland – Archaeology, from finely worked gold to prehistoric bodies
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout