Dublin - Kilmainham & the Liberties (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kilmainham & the Liberties chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dublin guidebook.
Dublin’s oldest and most traditional neighbourhoods, immediately west of the south city cen-tre, have a handful of tourist big hitters, not least the Guinness Storehouse, Dublin’s most-visited museum. Keeping watch over the ancient Liberties is St Patrick’s Cathedral.
- take a trip through Ireland’s troubled history at foreboding 18th-century Kilmainham Gaol, which housed many an Irish rebel
- sample a pint of Guinness at the factory where it all began in 1759 – and continues to this day
- get familiar with Irish whiskey at the first distillery to open in Dublin for more than a century, Teeling Distillery
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.