Dublin - Grafton Street & St Stephen's Green (PDF Chapter)
This is the Grafton Street & St Stephen’s Green chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dublin guidebook.
Grafton St and its surrounding precinct are a flexible feast of activities and sights, but it’ll take you two days to even begin to do them justice – and much longer to get to the heart of this part of the city.
- bask quietly in the aesthetic glow of the magnificent collection at Chester Beatty Library, one of the finest museums in Ireland
- stare in wonderment at the colourful pages of the Book of Kells, the world’s most famous illuminated gospel, before visiting the Old Library’s majestic Long Room.
- enjoy a sunny, summer afternoon on the grass of St Stephen’s Green, where Dubliners come to rest, romance and remind themselves of what makes life worth living
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.