Dublin - Docklands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Docklands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dublin guidebook.
Home to digital tech giants including Google, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, the stretch from the Irish Financial Services Centre (IFSC) down to Grand Canal Dock on both sides of the Liffey has been dubbed the Silicon Docks.
- visit the Jeanie Johnston, a working replica of a 19th-century ‘coffin ship’, as the barques transporting emigrants during the Famine were known
- contemplate the Famine while walking gently among Rowan Gillespie’s thought-provoking bronze statues at the Famine Memorial
- attend a gig at the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, a spectacular theatre designed by Daniel Libeskind.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.