*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Dublin - Day Trips from Dublin (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Dublin chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dublin guide-book.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Dublin and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Brú na Bóinne and Glendalough.
- Howth, a seaside village with terrific restaurants at the foot of a bulbous head with fine walks
- Enniskerry & Powerscourt Estate, a Palladian mansion with a stunning garden and even better views of the surrounding countryside
- Castletown House & Around, Ireland’s largest Palladian home, built for the 18th century’s richest man
- Dalkey, a compact village by the sea with a nice harbour and coastal walks
- Malahide, a delightful north Dublin village with a 12th-century castle and 101 hectares of tended gardens
Coverage includes: Brú na Bóinne, Glendalough, Howth, Enniskerry & Powerscourt Estate, Castletown House & Around, Dalkey, Malahide.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.