Dubai & Abu Dhabi - Jumeirah (PDF Chapter)
This is the Jumeirah chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi guide-book.
Hemmed in by the turquoise waters of the Gulf, Jumeirah translates as ‘the beautiful’ and is practically synonymous with beaches. It has been injected with pockets of urban cool by new lifestyle malls (BoxPark, Galleria) while the City Walk development has created an entire new neighbourhood.
- step into Madinat Jumeirah, a modern Arabian souq with its sumptuous architecture, Vene-tian-style canals and Burj Al Arab backdrop
- sip cocktails in the iconic Burj Al Arab while enjoying the view and debating if the decor is kitsch or class
- learn about Islamic architecture and religion on a tour of the intricately detailed Jumeirah Mosque
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.