Dubai & Abu Dhabi - Dubai Marina & Palm Jumeirah (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dubai Marina & Palm Jumeirah chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi guidebook.
Dubai Marina has become one of the most popular places to live in town and, though primarily residential, its pedestrian-friendly areas hold plenty of appeal for visitors. Jutting into the Gulf is the incredible Palm Jumeirah, an artificial island in the shape of a palm tree with a 2km-long trunk, 16-frond crown and 11km-long crescent-shaped breakwater.
- cruising around the marina by water bus, preferably at dusk or in the early evening
- partying from day to night at a sizzling beach club like Zero Gravity
- catching the boat shuttle to the sleek 101 Lounge & Bar for cocktails with a million-dollar view of the Dubai Marina skyline.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.