*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Dubai & Abu Dhabi - Downtown Dubai (PDF Chapter)
This is the Downtown Dubai chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi guidebook.
Dubai’s main artery, Sheikh Zayed Road, travels past the architecturally distinguished skyscrapers of the Financial District and the 828m-high Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest structure and anchor of glamorous Downtown Dubai, the new urban district that encompasses high-end hotels, residences, office buildings and the gargantuan Dubai Mall with its dancing Dubai Fountain.
- craning your neck to take in the entire length of the elegantly tapered Burj Khalifa, which pierces the sky at 828m, making it the world’s tallest building
- spotting flamingos and migratory birds at Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary
- feeling hypnotised by the beautifully choreographed singing and dancing Dubai Fountain
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.