*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Dubai & Abu Dhabi - Downtown Dubai (PDF Chapter)
This is the Downtown Dubai chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi guidebook.
Dubai’s main artery, Sheikh Zayed Road, travels past the architecturally distinguished skyscrapers of the Financial District and the 828m-high Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest structure and anchor of glamorous Downtown Dubai, the new urban district that encompasses high-end hotels, residences, office buildings and the gargantuan Dubai Mall with its dancing Dubai Fountain.
- craning your neck to take in the entire length of the elegantly tapered Burj Khalifa, which pierces the sky at 828m, making it the world’s tallest building
- spotting flamingos and migratory birds at Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary
- feeling hypnotised by the beautifully choreographed singing and dancing Dubai Fountain
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.