Dubai & Abu Dhabi - Downtown Dubai & Business Bay (PDF Chapter)
This is the Downtown Dubai & Business Bay chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi guidebook.
Downtown Dubai is the city’s vibrant urban hub and a key destination for visitors. Its literal pinnacle is the Burj Khalifa – the world’s tallest building – which overlooks the Dubai Mall – the world’s biggest shopping temple.
- crane your neck to take in the entire height of Burj Khalifa, which pierces the sky at 828m, making it the world’s tallest building
- shop at Dubai Mall, the mother of all malls with a record-breaking 1200 shops
- dip into Dubai-style urban cool while keeping on the pulse of the latest in Middle Eastern art at Alserkal Avenue, a cluster of warehouses turned art-and-cultural campus
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.