*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Dubai & Abu Dhabi - Diera (PDF Chapter)
This is the Deira chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi guidebook.
Hugging the northern side of the Creek, Deira is one of Dubai’s oldest and most charismatic neighbourhoods, a world apart from the sky-piercing towers of modern Dubai. Its biggest asset is its cluster of atmospheric souqs (spice, gold, perfume, fish, produce); a tangle of narrow lanes heaving with a cacophony of sounds and smells that bursts to life in the late afternoon.
- plunging headlong into the souqs for a sensory dose of Arabian Nights flair
- checking out Dubai’s first school, Al Ahmadiya, housed in an exquisite traditional building
- strolling down leafy Al Muteena St and stopping for masgouf (grilled fish) in an Iraqi restaurant
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Neighbourhood Walk, Accommodation, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping, and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.