Dubai & Abu Dhabi - Deira (PDF Chapter)
This is the Deira chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi guidebook.
Deira is one of Dubai’s oldest and most charismatic neighbourhoods, a world apart from the sky-piercing towers of modern Dubai. Its biggest lure is its cluster of atmospheric spice, gold and perfume souqs and their tangle of narrow lanes.
- plunge headlong into the colourful and pungent warren of lanes of the Spice Souq, a memorable feast for all the senses
- wander below the wooden arcades of the famous Gold Souq – like rummaging around a veritable treasure chest
- feel mesmerised by the views across the glistening Creek while sipping cocktails and puff-ing on shisha at al fresco QDs
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.