Dubai & Abu Dhabi - Day Trips from Dubai & Abu Dhabi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Dubai & Abu Dhabi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Dubai and Abu Dhabi and they can all be completed in a day. Must-sees include Sharjah and Al Ain.
- Dubai’s northern neighbour, the emirate of Sharjah, is almost joined at the hip to Dubai’s suburbs. Once there, however, particularly around the restored central Heritage and Arts Area, this cultured and heritage-oriented emirate feels like a world apart
- the famous Al Ain oasis, with wonderful forts, museums and even ancient Bronze Age burial sites, offers a rural retreat after the frantic pace of Dubai
- sleepy fishing villages, rugged mountains, desert dunes, museums and the oldest mosque in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) bring the rest of the Arabian Peninsula within a day trip of the Gulf cities
Coverage includes: Sharjah, Al Ain, and the UAE East Coast.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.