Dubai & Abu Dhabi - Day Trips from Dubai & Abu Dhabi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Dubai & Abu Dhabi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Dubai & Abu Dhabi and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Sharjah and Al Ain.
- dubai’s northern neighbour, the emirate of Sharjah, is a cultured and heritage-oriented emirate that feels like a world apart, especially around the restored historic Heart of Shar-jah and the nearby Arts Area
- the famous Al Ain oasis, with wonderful forts, museums, a model zoo and even ancient Bronze Age burial sites, offers a semi-rural retreat after the frantic pace of Dubai
- sleepy fishing villages, rugged mountains, desert dunes, museums and the UAE’s oldest mosque give the east coast serious nature getaway credentials
Coverage includes: Sharjah, Al Ain, UAE East Coast, Al Ain Zoo.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.