*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Dubai & Abu Dhabi - Bur Dubai (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bur Dubai chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi guidebook.
Bustling Bur Dubai is home to the restored historical districts of Al Fahidi and Shindagha, wonderful for late-afternoon and evening strolls. Bur Dubai Souq may not be as sleek and sophisticated as the newer townships, but it has a real community spirit that can be hard to find elsewhere.
- soaking up Dubai’s history on a wander along Dubai Creek from the atmospheric Al Fahidi Historic District to the waterfront Shindagha Historic District
- keeping tabs on Dubai’s music scene with a concert at the Music Room
- chowing down with expat workers at Meena Bazaar eateries like Special Ostadi
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Accommodation, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.