Dubai & Abu Dhabi - Bur Dubai (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bur Dubai chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi guide-book.
Bur Dubai gives an eye-opening journey into the city’s past, before the modern petrodollar era. Peek into the city’s past on a wander around the restored historic districts of Al Fahidi and Shindagha, passing through the atmospheric Bur Dubai Souq.
- step into the past among the beautifully restored buildings of Al Fahidi Historic District, filled with shops, galleries, cafes and heritage hotels
- get an entertaining introduction to the city’s turbo evolution at the Dubai Museum, through multimedia exhibits set up inside an historic fort
- discover tasty insights into Dubai’s polyethnic fabric by chowing down with expat workers at Meena Bazaar eateries such as Al Ustad Special Kabab
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.