Dubai & Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Abu Dhabi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dubai & Abu Dhabi guide-book.
The world’s largest hand-loomed carpet, the fastest roller coaster, the highest high tea, the tower with the greatest lean, the largest cluster of cultural buildings of the 21st century - Abu Dhabi is not afraid to challenge world records. Welcome to an exciting city where nothing stands still…except perhaps the heron’s in the capital’s protected mangroves.
- with the White Fort (Qasr al Hosn) and the World Trade Center built on the city’s earliest souq, Al Markaziyah is the heart of Downtown
- fine dining at the Emirates Palace, a 360-degree view from the Etihad Towers and Blue-Flagged beaches – welcome to the glamorous end of town at Breakwater & around
- take a tour of the magnificent Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, resting place of the revered ‘father of the nation’
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.