Dominican Republic - The Southwest & Peninsula de Pedernales (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwest & Península de Pedernales chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dominican Republic guidebook.
Talk about criminally undervisited. Few travelers make it to the southwest of the Dominican Republic: it’s remote, and its little-known highlights take some effort to uncover – but that’s exactly the reason to visit.
- take a spectacular boat ride to the most remote and beautiful beach in the DR, Bahía de Las Águilas
- drink in paradise at Eco del Mar, the DR’s most blissful beach bar
- spot flamingos and turtles on a boat tour to the salty lagoon of Laguna Oviedo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: West of Santo Domingo, Baní, Ázua, Inland, San Juan de la Maguana, Comendador del Rey (Elías Piña), Península de Pedernales, Parque Nacional Jargua, Barahona & Around, Larimar Mine, Laguna Oviedo, Islas Beata, Alto Velo, Pedernales & Around, Parque Nacional Sierra de Bahoruco, Lago Enriquillo, Isla Cabritos, Jimaní.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.