*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Dominican Republic - Haiti (PDF Chapter)
This is the Haiti chapter from Lonely Planet’s Dominican Republic guidebook.
As those who come to assist Haiti often learn, an encounter with the soul of this fascinating, beautiful country often benefits a traveler far more than one could ever hope to help it.
- join the country’s most theatrical parade and street party, Jacmel Carnival, which celebrates Vodou, sex, death and revolution
- discover a mountain fortress above a ruined palace – Citadelle Laferrière – a symbol of the world’s first black republic
- hike past weird broken rock formations with views out to the Caribbean Sea in the Parc Na-tional la Visite
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Port-Au-Prince, Around Port-au-Prince, Route de Kenscoff, Plaine du Cul-de-Sac, Côte des Arcadins, Northern Haiti, Cap-Haïtien, The Citadelle & Sans Souci, Beaches West of Cap-Haïtien, Gonaïves, Southern Haiti, Jacmel, Kabic, The South-west, Understand, Haiti Today, History, Culture, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.