Discover California travel guide
Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the state has to offer? Discover California is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Hug a tree in ancient redwood forests, uncover hidden beaches while cruising the Pacific Coast Highway, or sashay along San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of California and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover California:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, environmental issues, cuisine, wine, beer, lifestyle
- Over 49 color maps
Coverage Includes: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Northern California, Central Coast, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, Yosemite National Park, Sierra Nevada, San Diego, Disneyland, Orange County and more