Denmark - Zealand (PDF Chapter)
This is the Zealand chapter from Lonely Planet’s Denmark guidebook.
Denmark’s largest island offers much more than the dazzle of Copenhagen. North of the city lie some of the country’s finest beaches and most impressive castles. To the west awaits histo-ry-steeped Roskilde, home to a tremendous Viking Ship Museum.
- gawp at lavish furnishings and abundant artworks in one of Denmark’s most opulent his-toric buildings, Frederiksborg Slot
- windsurf from a wide, golden beach, Hornbæk Surf Beach, that feels more Mediterranean than Danish
- snoop around Kronborg Slot, the immense castle that was the setting for Shakespeare’s Hamlet
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northeast Zealand, Helsingør, Hillerød, Fredensborg, Hornbæk, Gilleleje, Tisvildeleje, Roskilde & Around, Lejre, Southern Zealand, Køge, Næstved & Around, Stevns Klint, Vordingborg, Western Zealand, Ringsted, Sorø, Lake Tissø, Korsør.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.