Denmark - Southern Jutland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Jutland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Denmark guide-book.
This is a region of salty offshore islands, understated royal palaces and character-filled his-toric towns, with unexpectedly modern treats in the form of edgy art and architecture, and offbeat design museums.
- join the nightwatchman on an evening walk through Ribe’s historic neighbourhoods
- dial the cuteness factor up to 11 in a fairy-tale setting at Møgeltønder
- sail from modern, industrial Esbjerg to the island charmer of Fanø in only 12 minutes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kolding, Christiansfeld, Sønderborg, Padborg, Tønder, Møgeltønder, Rømø, Wadden Sea National Park, Ribe, Esbjerg, Fanø.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation