Denmark - Mon, Falster & Lolland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Møn, Falster & Lolland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Denmark guide-book.
Welcome to Denmark’s ‘South Sea Islands’. OK, you won’t get coconut palms and hula skirts…but do expect a fine glimpse of rural Scandinavian island life amid rolling fields of wheat and sugar beet dotted with occasional neolithic tombs.
- search for prehistoric fossils at the foot of Denmark’s tallest cliffs, Møns Klint
- channel your inner knight or maiden at medieval-themed museum-village of Middelalder-centret, just outside Nykøbing F
- decipher the naive daubs and stick figures on vaulted medieval church ceilings at Keldby, Fanefjord and Elmelunde
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Møn, Stege, Nyord, Central Møn, Møns Klint, Western Møn, Falster & Lolland, Nykøbing F, Marielyst, Maribo & Bandholm, Rødby, Western Lolland.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation