*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Denmark - Funen (PDF Chapter)
This is the Funen chapter from Lonely Planet’s Denmark guidebook.
Funen (Fyn in Danish) is Denmark’s proverbial middle child. Lacking Zealand’s capital-city pull or Jutland’s geographic dominance, it’s often overlooked by visitors, who perhaps make a whistle-stop visit to Hans Christian’s Andersen’s birthplace and museum in the island’s capital, Odense.
- explore Egeskov Slot, a moat-encircled castle with a garden full of mazes, museums and marvels
- immerse yourself in the fairy-tale world of Hans Christian Andersen in Odense
- visit Denmark’s only Viking Age ship grave, Vikingemuseet Ladby, the last resting place of a 10th-century chieftain
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Odense, Around Funen, Kerteminde, Ladby, Egeskov Slot, Faaborg, Svendborg, Tåsinge, Langeland, Rudkøbing, Northern Langeland, Southern Langeland, Ærø, Ærøskøbing, Marstal, Søby.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.