*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Denmark - Funen (PDF Chapter)
This is the Funen chapter from Lonely Planet’s Denmark guidebook.
Funen (Fyn in Danish) is Denmark’s proverbial middle child. Lacking Zealand’s capital-city pull or Jutland’s geographic dominance, it’s often overlooked by visitors, who rarely do more than make a whistle-stop visit to Hans Christian Andersen’s birthplace, Odense.
- Sail to Denmark’s ‘wedding island’ of undulating country lanes, Aerø
- explore Egeskov Slot, a splendid castle with its park full of mazes, museums and mar-vels
- seek out ultra-quaint villages of thatched, half-timbered houses north of Kerteminde, on the Hindsholm Peninsula
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Odense, Northeast Funen, Nyborg, Kerteminde & Around, Hindsholm Peninsula, Southern Funen, Faaborg & Around, Egeskov Slot, Svendborg & Around, Langeland, Aerø.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.