Cyprus - North Nicosia (Lefkosa) (PDF Chapter)
Strolling the back streets of the Old City in North Nicosia (Lefkoşa in Turkish) feels like drop-ping into an earlier era. The Gothic pile of the Selimiye Mosque and the Ottoman bulk of the Büyük Han watch over the centre.
- crane your neck to take in the soaring Gothic arches within Selimiye Mosque, a stunning cathedral-turned-mosque
- fall into a time-warp amid the lanes of quiet Arabahmet Quarter, fringed by preserved Otto-man-era town-house architecture
- relive the long-gone days of travelling merchants within the grand old caravanserai of Büyük Han
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation