Cyprus - Kyrenia (Girne) & the North (PDF Chapter)
Fields of gnarled olive trees march across the coastline where the harbour town of Kyrenia (Girne), backed by jagged mountain ranges, looks out towards the sea. This bite-sized region combines the best of Cyprus’ natural charm with oodles of history.
- climb up onto the ramparts of Byzantine Kyrenia before sitting back in the Old Harbour area to watch sunset
- relive the golden days of hermit monks and shining-armoured knights amid the towers of St Hilarion, a castle fit for a fairy tale
- get your literary-pilgrimage fix exploring medieval Bellapais Abbey and wandering the quiet lanes of Bellapais (Beylerbeyi) village
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kyrenia (Girne) & Around, Kyrenia & the Ranges, Bellapais (Beylerbeyi), Lapta (Lapithos), The Northwest, Morfou (Güzelyurt), Gemikonağı (Kara-vostasi), Lefke (Lefka), Ancient Soloi, Ancient Vouni.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.