Cuba - Santiago de Cuba Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Santiago de Cuba Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cuba guide-book.
Lovely Santiago. Far from the capital in Cuba’s mountainous ‘Oriente’ region, this perennial hotbed of rebellion and sedition is Cuba’s most ‘Caribbean’ enclave. Cultural influences here have often come from the east, imported via Haiti, Jamaica, Barbados and Africa.
- pay your respects to the nation’s heroes at the gorgeous Santiago de Cuba cemetery of Cementerio Santa Ifigenia
- take in the audacity (or folly) of Castro’s 1953 insurrection at the Santiago de Cuba land-mark of Cuartel Moncada
- make an eco-escape to the luscious mountain getaway of El Saltón
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Santiago de Cuba, Siboney, La Gran Piedra, Parque Baconao, El Cobre, El Saltón, Chivirico & Around, Pico Turquino Area.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.