*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Cuba - Villa Clara Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Villa Clara Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cuba guidebook.
This region is indelibly stamped with Che Guevara’s legacy. Yet it should also win your heart for hosting the nation’s most frenzied street party (Remedios), for the glimmering Escambray peaks and their adventure possibilities, and for the lolling white-sand strands off its northern coast.
- stay in a palatial casa particular while plugging into the electric nightlife at the legendary Club Mejunje and tracing the legend at the monument to Ernesto Che Guevara in Santa Clara
- hike the trails, bathe in the pools and soak up the solitude at Embalse Hanabanilla, a lovely lake surrounded by mountains
- people-watch from a cafe in the recently rejuvenated but, as yet, unspoiled colonial town of Remedios
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Santa Clara, Embalse Hanabanilla, Remedios, Cai-barién, Cayerías del Norte.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.