*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Cuba - Varadero & Matanzas Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Varadero & Matanzas Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cuba guidebook.
Matanzas Province conceals a tumultuous past beneath its modern-day reputation for glam all-inclusive holidays. The Bahía de Cochinos (Bay of Pigs) attracts more divers than mercenaries these days, while sunbathers rather than pirates invade the northern beaches of Varadero.
- unlock the buried secrets of the long-neglected but slowly re-emerging ‘Athens of Cuba,’ Matanzas
- indulge in a rare opportunity to dive and snorkel from the shore at Playa Coral beach
- delve into Cuba’s deepest cave system, Cuevas de Bellamar, just outside Matanzas
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northern Matanzas, Varadero & Around, Matanzas & Around, Cárdenas, San Miguel de los Baños & Around, Península de Zapata, Central Australia & Around, Boca de Guamá, Gran Parque Natural Montemar, Playa Larga, Playa Girón.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.