*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Cuba - Isla de la Juventud (Special Municipality) (PDF Chapter)
This is the Isla de la Juventud (Special Municipality) chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cuba guidebook.
A historic refuge from the law for everyone from 16th-century pirates to 20th-century gang-sters, La Isla is perhaps the quirkiest castaway destination you ever will see. The main lure is div-ing some of the Caribbean’s most pristine reefs.
- get the lowdown on local life in the petite, sleepy island capital of Nueva Gerona
- climb the Sierra de las Casas – the steep hills above Nueva Gerona – to see the city (and island) splayed out below
- explore Presidio Modelo, the ominous prison where Fidel Castro was once incarcerated
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Isla de la Juventud, Nueva Gerona, East of Nueva Gerona, South of Nueva Gerona, The Southern Military Zone, Cayo Largo del Sur.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.