Cuba - Havana (PDF Chapter)
This is the Havana chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cuba guidebook.
No one could have invented Havana. It’s too audacious, too contradictory, and – despite 50 years of withering neglect – too damned beautiful. Just arrive with an open mind and prepare for a long, slow seduction.
- let your imagination spill over on the evocative cobbled streets of ‘Old Havana’
- hang out with the habaneros amid crashing waves and wandering troubadours in Malecón
- see the sturdy colonial forts that once protected Havana from its cutthroat enemies
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Downtown Havana, Sights, Festivals & Events, Tours, Courses, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Outer Havana, Playa, Marianao, Regla, Guanabacoa, Parque Lenin & Around, Habana del Este.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation