Cuba - Guantanamo Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Guantánamo Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cuba guide-book.
A fantasy land of crinkled mountains and exuberant foliage, the Cuban Guantánamo remains a galaxy away from modern America in ambience. The region’s isolated valleys and wild coastal microclimates are Cuba at its most mysterious and esoteric.
- search for the world’s smallest frog in Parque Nacional Alejandro de Humboldt, the most diverse national park in the Caribbean
- sample the exotic culinary delights of Baracoa
- cycle La Farola, the ultra-scenic lighthouse road from Cajobabo to Baracoa
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Guantánamo, South Coast, Punta de Maisí, Boca de Yumurí, Baracoa, Northwest of Baracoa, Parque Nacional Alejandro de Humboldt.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation