*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Cuba - Granma Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Granma Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cuba guidebook.
In Granma, Cuba’s viva la Revolución spirit burns most fiercely. This is where Fidel Castro landed to start a guerrilla war in 1956, and Carlos Manuel de Céspedes freed his slaves and for-mally declared Cuban independence for the first time in 1868.
- enjoy one of Cuba’s balmiest climates in the secluded beach resort of Marea del Portillo
- trek up to Fidel’s wartime headquarters, Comandancia de la Plata, in Gran Parque Nacional Sierra Maestra.
- explore marine terraces and archaeological remains in Parque Nacional Desembarco del Granma
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bayamo, Gran Parque Nacional Sierra Maestra, Man-zanillo, Niquero, Parque Nacional Desembarco del Granma, Marea del Portillo.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.