Cuba - Ciego de Avila Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ciego de Ávila Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cuba guide-book.
Most tourists come here for the ambitious post–Special Period resort development of Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo. The brilliant tropical pearls that once seduced Ernest Hemingway have had their glorious beaches spruced up and daubed with over a dozen exclusive resorts.
- stay in a private homestay in the hard-working Cuban town of Morón
- marvel at how waste ground got transformed into one of Cuba’s most interesting city parks, Parque de la Ciudad
- take the controls of a speedboat through the mangrove-fringed channels of the freshwater lake of Laguna la Redonda
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ciego de Ávila, Morón & Around, Florencia, Cayo Co-co, Cayo Guillermo.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.