Cuba - Camaguey Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Camagüey Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cuba guide-book.
Camagüey is Cuba’s provincial contrarian, a region that likes to go its own way in political and cultural matters. Cuba’s largest province is a mostly pancake-flat pastoral landscape of grazing cattle, lazy old sugar mill towns and a few low-but-lovely hill ranges.
- retreat into the verdant hills of Sierra del Chorrillo, harboring rare birdlife and petrified for-ests
- swim off the white-sand beach, the Playa Los Cocos, and soak up the culture of the tiny vil-lage of La Boca
- check out the caves, craters and natural gorge of one of Cuba’s newest reserves, the Reserva Ecológica Limones Tuabaquey
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Camagüey, Florida, Sierra del Chorrillo, Cayo Sabinal, Playa Santa Lucía, Playa los Cocos.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation