Cuba - Artemisa & Mayabeque Provinces (PDF Chapter)
This is the Artemisa & Mayabeque Provinces chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cuba guidebook.
Leap-frogged by almost all international visitors, Cuba’s two smallest provinces are a patch-work of citrus and pineapple fields; amongst them lie a smattering of small towns that will satisfy the curious and the brave.
- roam the abandoned ruins of Antiguo Cafetal Angerona, a once-mighty coffee planta-tion
- go green at Cuba’s primary ecovillage, Las Terrazas, where the slopes have been replanted with trees, orchids, painters and poets
- hike in Soroa, the ‘rainbow of Cuba’, amid giant ferns and diminutive orchids
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Artemisa Province, San Antonio de los Baños, Arte-misa, Soroa, Las Terrazas, Mayabeque Province, Playa Jibacoa Area, Jaruco, Surgidero de Batabanó.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation