*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Croatia - Understand Croatia and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history: the county’s long and complex backstory, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Croatia’s political and economic situation which remains turbulent despite joining the European Union
- info on the Croats, a religious, style-conscious, sports-mad people
- full coverage of Croatia’s architecture, almost the entire history of European architecture is on display in this compact country
- details on Croatia’s critters, karst and national parks, and get the low-down on current challenges
Coverage includes: Croatia Today: Settling into the EU, Booming Tourism and Political Changes, History:Early Inhabitants, When In Rome, Salut Slavs, Adios Avars, Christianity & the Croat Kings, Covetous Neighbours: Hungary vs Venice, The Ottoman Onslaught, Enter the Habsburgs, Napoleon & the Illyrian Provinces, A South Slavic Consciousness, Dreams of Yugoslavia, WWI & the First Yugoslavia, The Rise of Ustaše & WWII, Tito & the Partisans, The Second Yugoslavia, The Death of Yugoslavia, The War for Croatia, The United Nations Gets Involved, Troubles in Bosnia & Hercegovina and Postwar Croatia, People & Culture: Croatia: West or East?, Croatia’s Split Personality, Family Matters, Daily Life, Manners & Mannerisms, Religion, Equality in Croatia and Good Sports, The Cuisine: Foodie Culture, Regional Specialities, Vegetarians, Croatian-Style Celebrations, Mealtime, Drinks, Architecture: Roman Riches, Pre-Romanesque Churches, Gothic & Renaissance and Baroque to Brutalism, The Natural Environment: Karst Caves & Waterfalls, National Parks, Wildlife and Environmental Issues, The Arts: Literature, Cinema, Music and Painting & Sculpture, Directory A–Z and Transport.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.