Croatia - Istria (PDF Chapter)
This is the Istria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Croatia guidebook.
Istria’s bucolic interior of rolling hills and fertile plains attracts food- and culture-focused visitors to its hilltop villages, rural hotels and farmhouse restaurants, while the indented coastline is enor-mously popular with the sun-and-sea set.
- be wowed by the verdant views and lost-in-time charms of Motovun, Istria’s most atmos-pheric hill town, then delve deep into the forest on a truffle hunt
- watch the sun set over the coast’s prettiest old town, Rovinj
- soak up the communist chic at Tito’s island playground of Brijuni Islands
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Istria’s West Coast, Pula, Brijuni Islands, Vodnjan, Bale, Rovinj, Porec, Umag, Central & Eastern Istria, Momjan, Grožnjan, Motovun, Buzet, Roc, Hum, Pazin, Svetvincenat, Labin & Rabac.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation