Croatia - Inland Croatia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Inland Croatia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Croatia guidebook.
Most tourists forget this big chunk of Croatia, but it was made for road-tripping. The bucolic northern region of Zagorje is sprinkled with itsy-bitsy villages and vineyard-speckled hills with the odd medieval castle and spa town thrown in for good measure.
- soak up fine architecture and the lively cafe scene in Slavonia’s main city, Osijek
- stroll Varaždin’s compact centre, rimmed by stately baroque buildings and topped with a tur-reted castle
- canoe through Kopacki Rit Nature Park’s vast wetlands while spotting herons, storks and geese
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Around Zagreb, Samobor, Mt Medvednica, Zagorje, Klanjec, Krapinske Toplice, Krapina, Varaždin, Medimurje, Slavonia, Ðakovo, Osijek, Baranja, Vukovar, Ilok.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation