Crete - Understand Crete & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Crete Today, History, The Cretan Way of Life, Minoan Art & Culture, The Arts, Nature & Wildlife, Directory A-Z, Transport, Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Crete guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, nature and wildlife to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the Cretan lifestyle and state of mind
- info on the music, dance, fine arts and literature scene in Crete
- full coverage of the history of Crete from myths and Minoans to the Junta and modern Crete
- details on exotic and endangered animals
Coverage includes: Crete Today, History, Myths, Minoans, Mycenaeans, Classical Crete, Roman Empire, Christianity, Pirates, the Pope, Venetian Empire, Tourkokratia, World War II, Battle of Crete, Greek Civil War, the Junta, Modern Crete, The Cretan Way of Life, Minoan Art & Culture, The Arts, Music, Dance, Fine Art, Literature, Nature & Wildlife, Directory A-Z, Transport and Language.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.